COVID-19 OFFICE GUIDELINES
To help create a safe environment for all of our patients and team members, the following standard operating procedures have been implemented in our clinics. These guidelines have been adapted from the College of Optometrists of Ontario, the Ontario Association of Optometrists and Public Health Ontario.
We ask that patients who are sick, defer all non-urgent appointments until they are feeling better.
All patients are asked to sanitize their hands as soon as they enter the clinic.
All patients are asked to maintain a social distance of ~2 meters whenever possible.
All patients are asked to come to their appointments alone and to only bring items that are necessary for their appointment. When required, 1 care giver (parent, support worker, etc) will be permitted.
Plexiglass barriers have been installed at our reception desk.
Where possible, plastic shields have also been added to devices (slit lamp, pupilomoters, etc)
Every device that a patient comes in contact with is thoroughly disinfected before use with the next patient
- All surfaces that come into direct contact with the patient (chin rests, forehead rests, etc) are disinfected with alcohol solution (70-95% ethyl/isopropyl alcohol) or mixture of bleach/water
- All chairs, door knobs, counter tops, and other touch surfaces are disinfected daily with bleach/water solution or Lysol wipes
- All glasses frames that are touched by a patient are cycled through a UV sterilization unit before returning to the display boards
Where possible, contact-less procedures are encouraged
- Remote pre-testing
- Contact-less payment options
- Contact-less frame fitting measurements
- Direct-to-home shipping for some products